Experience Oxfordshire is the Destination Management Organisation (DMO) for the county and trading arm of the
parent company Experience Oxfordshire Charitable Trust. We are the lead organisation for promoting and
developing leisure, business, and cultural tourism in Oxfordshire. Operating to not-for-profit principles, Experience
Oxfordshire is a partnership organisation, actively engaged on a local, national, and international level to grow the
The Visitor Economy is vitally important to Oxfordshire. Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic each year Oxfordshire
welcomed over 30 million visitors to the County who spent £2.5 billion in the local economy which supported over
42,000 jobs – 12% of all jobs across Oxfordshire. Experience Oxfordshire work with businesses to grow and develop
the Visitor Economy and promote Oxfordshire as a great destination to live, work, visit and do business.
The organisation is funded in part by its Partners who come from all sectors of the Oxfordshire economy including
hotels, retail, events, transport and restaurants and more. We work with our Partners to collectively promote their
products and services and grow the visitor economy across Oxfordshire through a variety of B2B and B2C channels as
well as providing a wide range of business support. The organisation derives the rest of their income from providing
a variety of services such as group travel, conference desk and consultancy as well as operating the award-winning
Oxford Official Walking Tours.
Revenue from tour sales is a key element of Experience Oxfordshire’s budget to enable delivery of its ambitions.
This exciting newly defined role has been created with the sole aim of driving sales of our Oxford Official Walking
Tours (OOWT) through existing Affiliate partners and by developing a network of local sales outlets in the Oxford
area. There are additional sales channels through OTA’s, Group Travel Organisers and Tour Operators which need to
be manged and developed. We are looking for an ambitious, hard-working and confident individual who can
recognise and respond to opportunities that are both directly and indirectly beneficial to the Company.
The role requires a significant percentage of time in the field as well as administrative duties in the office, so the
person needs to be well organised and an effective communicator. As an externally facing resource the person will
also assist in and improve relationships with the University Colleges, particularly those used by OOWT Guides.
There will be a requirement to act as an additional resource for the administration of tour bookings on behalf and in
support of the Tours Team Leader as required and the role will include some remote operational support for the tour
guides at weekends.
The role’s primary responsibilities are:
- To deliver sustainable growth of the affiliate sales network of Experience Oxfordshire through the development
and implementation of an integrated strategy.
- To ensure benefits offered and services delivered are fit for purpose and at the right level, reviewing these on a
- To manage and maintain all existing and potential Affiliates on the company CRM database ensuring key
communications and service records are kept up to date and available to all staff.
- To provide advice to individual organisations on the most appropriate ways to engage with Oxford Official
Walking tours to suit their needs and requirements.
- To introduce potential new full partners for Experience Oxfordshire to the Partnership Development Manager.
- To assist as appropriate on the delivery of Experience Oxfordshire events as required.
- To monitor affiliate income, ensuring targets are met and exceeded.
- To work with directors and staff to support the development and delivery of Experience Oxfordshire’s corporate
- To work closely with the finance team to ensure that commission statements are raised and payment
- To support all elements of administration where required
- To carry out all duties in line with Equal Opportunities policies in operation.
- To undertake any such duties commensurate with the post as may be required.
Internally: All members of the Experience Oxfordshire team
Externally: Existing and potential new sales outlets (including, but not exclusive to, hotels and OTA’s)
Responsible to: Partnership Development Manager
Hours: 20-25 hours per week
Salary: Up to £22k per annum pro rata DOE
Location: Experience Oxfordshire, Langford Locks, Kidlington, OX5 1HZ
Application details: To apply for the role, email your CV and covering letter, stating why you believe you are suitable
for the role to email@example.com CV’s received without a covering letter will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit experienceoxfordshire.org.